Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Every Day

We sat down to dinner and I called Rob, hoping to share our yearly tradition.

We each say what we are thankful for; I start, then my husband, then the next down the table. There's always the comic relief of our daughter who has to add things to the normal "family and friends" like being thankful for Xanax. We laugh (and I silently agree) and the next person speaks and the little bit of embarrassment that any new members of the family may feel is gone. We all realize we are truly thankful to be together as a family.

I had to leave a message.  He worked today.  I just held the phone in my hand.

He just called back a short while ago. 

Once again, I wish to share My Hero with you. I am so incredibly thankful to have him in my life.

Operation Proper Exit

I need to go find the tissues...

No comments:

Post a Comment